We have a limited number of apartment and cottage rentals at Penobscot Shores. Renting is a wonderful way to determine if independent retirement community living is right for you. You may enjoy all the amenities at Penobscot Shores included in your monthly rent. It is also a great way to transition to Penobscot Shores while your home is on the market for sale. We currently have a select number of apartments and cottages available from $2,167 – $2,999 per month including 15 meals per month for one person. For a second person, please add $300 for meals. Please call or e-mail for details. 207-338-2332 or e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, we welcome your domestic pets! You may bring dogs (under 25 pounds in Apartments and any size in Cottages), cats, caged birds, hamsters and gerbils.
At Penobscot Shores we are fortunate to offer four-star dining in our Ocean House dining room boasting spectacular views. As a Resident of Penobscot Shores, you will soon discover that our dining room offers the very best in fine dining, a varied and imaginative menu, and superior service. Three talented chefs and our attentive wait staff make dinner an event!
We serve dinner daily with seating from 5:30-6:30. Residents are required to participate in our dining plan (15 meals per person per month). You may invite guests to dine with you, pick up your dinner or we will deliver it to you.
We have a limited number of raised beds available for you to continue to enjoy gardening. Fresh flowers and vegetables are so wonderful to enjoy in the summer months.
Cottage residents may also plant flowers and shrubs in designated areas around their cottages as designated by the master landscaping plan.
Penobcot Shores is an independent living retirement community. We offer limited nursing services once a week. Our nurse will assist with medication doses and prescription services, routine blood pressure checks, minor illness screening, assist in arranging healthcare appointments, and answer your questions related to health and welfare.
We offer 24 hour monitoring through Safety Care, residents may engage private caregivers if necessary, and we have easy access to rehabilitation locations should the need arise. It is our goal to assist residents in remaining independent whenever possible.
Residents of our retirement community and their families rest easy knowing that Penobscot Shores is affiliated with Waldo County General Hospital (WCGH), a trusted name in quality healthcare since 1901.
WCGH is a network of healthcare providers offering a broad spectrum of services including primary care, home healthcare, acute hospital inpatient and outpatient care, and public health nursing. WCGH serves the healthcare needs of patients and their families throughout Waldo County.
Waldo County General Hospital is located on Northport Avenue, a very short distance from Penobscot Shores in Belfast. You can be sure the best care is merely minutes away.
As a consumer cooperative, members of the community will purchase stock in Penobscot Shores Association which is priced to reflect the individual value of their homes. The stock comes with a proprietary lease, which will give a decision-making role in the community, plus important home-ownership benefits. These benefits allow members to sell their present home and come into Penobscot Shores with the sale qualifying as a capital gain reinvestment.
- Property Taxes
- Water and Sewer
- Lawn mowing and landscaping of common areas
- Cleaning of gutters as needed
- Installation, removal and storage of privately owned air conditioners
- Outside painting and repair
- Installation, removal and storage of screens
- Window washing on a scheduled basis
- Placement and storage of common area outdoor furniture
- Boiler maintenance of all cottage residences
- Snow removal
- Trash pick-up twice a week; recycling pick-up once a week
- Repair of all plumbing and electrical needs
- Repair or replacement of all provided appliances
- Master Insurance policy (owners pay for insurance on their personal property)
- 24-Hour Emergency Response System Available
- Patrol security after business hours
- Nurse on site on scheduled days
- Fitness Program three mornings each week
- Scheduled entertainment by the Activities Committee: Speakers, performances, movies, video lecture series, social hours
- Coffee and tea service available all day
- Scheduled van transportation to area appointments and shopping
- Library available 24-Hours a day with a 42” flat screen TV and cable service
- Heat is included in the monthly fee for Apartment Residents and individually controled
Take full advantage of the available services at Penobscot Shores! Included are fine dining, scheduled nursing hours, 24-hour emergency call monitoring, scheduled van transportation to appointments and shopping, a wellness program, fitness program, snow, trash and zero sort recycle removal, landscaping, and building maintenance and repair. The friendly, thoughtful Penobscot Shores staff will assist you in arranging any additional services you desire.
In the small city of Belfast, Maine, directly on Penobscot Bay, you will find our community situated in a 20-acre meadow. With ample open space allowing direct ocean and meadow views, our cottages and apartments have exposure to natural vistas and light.
Directions: Route 1, just south of the by-pass into Downtown Belfast, directly across from the Irving gas station.