Apartment life in the Ocean House at Penobscot Shores gives the best of both worlds – private living quarters and everything under one roof!
Our apartments are spacious ranging from 655 to 1,134 square feet of living space and filled with light from large, well placed windows. All apartments have either a ground floor patio or deck area with atrium doors. Most apartments have wonderful ocean views. Several floor plans are available with one or two bedrooms with large closets and 1 ½ or 2 baths and a stackable washer and dryer. Full kitchens are conveniently designed with ample storage. Our living and dining areas are large, open spaces to accommodate your favorite furniture. Storage space is available in our ground floor storage room at no extra charge. Heat is included in your monthly fee! All apartments are wired for phone, internet and cable connections.
The Ocean House is home to our library, fitness room and equipment area, mail area, lobby, and our fabulous dining room with beautiful water views and outside seasonal seating. Coffee and water are available throughout the day in the dining room. Meetings, activities, our library with a flat screen TV, video lectures series, monthly social hours, carports, and our management office are all located at the Ocean House. In inclement weather, you stay comfortably inside while enjoying all the amenities.
As a consumer cooperative, stock prices are reflective of individual apartments and cottages.
A limited number of apartments are available for rent, prices range from $2,422 to $3,060 per month.
Please call the office to check on availability – 207-338-2332.
Apartment Floor Plans
Apartment floor plans are designed to take advantage of natural vistas and light through a multitude of large windows. All apartments offer full kitchens, all baths have ample floor space including a master bath and each apartment has a stackable washer and dryer. Closet space is ample, linen storage convenient, all residences have baseboard hot water heat, and floors are finished with carpet, tile, vinyl, and/or wood – depending on the individual unit. You are encouraged to make your living space your own; we will assist you in arrangements for upgrades, paint choices, window treatments, and whatever you desire to make your apartment home.
- Floor Plan A – One Bedroom 655 Square Feet
- Floor Plan B – Two Bedroom 978 Square Feet
- Floor Plan C – Two Bedroom 931 Square Feet
- Floor Plan D -Two Bedroom 1134 Square Feet
- Floor Plan E -Two Bedroom 848 Square Feet
- Floor Plan F -Two Bedroom 1115 Square Feet
- Floor Plan G – One Bedroom 711 Square Feet
- Floor Plan H – One Bedroom & Den 989 Square Feet
- Floor Plan M – One Bedroom 709 Square Feet
- Site Plan
All apartments are currently sold or rented, but please check back often as things change. Thank you.
Monthly Fees for Buying an Apartments
Practically everything is included in your monthly fee!
Fees range from $1,807 – $2,082 for apartment residents. Fee include:
- Property taxes
- Heat (individually controlled)
- Outside lawn and building care
- Snow removal
- Repairs and maintenance to your residence including plumbing, heating, electrical and appliances
- Installation and removal of screens
- Window washing inside and out yearly
- Cleaning of refrigerator coils and dryer vents
- Installation and removal of window air conditioners
- Water and sewer
- Trash and recycling pick up
- Outside painting and repairs
- Master insurance policy
- Housekeeping availability
- Entertainment arranged by the Activities Committee
- Full Service Hair Salon
- Library – available 24–hours daily
- Security 24-hours a day
- On-site healthcare resource 1 day a week
- Emergency response system
- Fitness programs
- Van transportation